There are about 2 months left in 2017.
Around 8 weeks. Nearly 60 days.
What goals or plans do you have left to finish up (or start) this year?
It’s not too late.
Two months doesn’t seem like a very long time, especially as we enter into the busy holiday season. Even I could almost be convinced to write off any remaining plans for the year, and instead start fresh in the new year.
Almost, but not quite. . .
I know what I can do in 2 months. When I sat down to write the draft of this email to you, I was reminded. It all came flowing out of my pen and onto paper where I can’t deny it. Maybe you could try this too to remind yourself of where you’ve been.
There is so much of life to EXPERIENCE in 2 months!
In the two months since my family and I moved from our old home to our new one, together with my husband I’ve:
- Moved us and our personal belongings into our new home;
- Settled back into the school routine and embraced the flow of country living;
- Sorted through every container and corner of our house and donated, sold, trashed or boxed up our belongings for storage;
- Finished so many unfinished to-dos in our former house – painted, caulked, replaced, scrubbed and fixed (why do we wait ’til we’re moving to do this?!);
- Coordinated extra-curricular activities – after school sports, piano, play dates, nature time, Halloween and special events;
- Connected with loved ones and hosted dinners, sleepovers, birthdays, Thanksgivings, beach parties and walks on the beach;
- Enjoyed family time, just the 4 of us – swam in the giant waves, fished in the river, hiked through the trails, biked along the roads, built a fort in the bush and basked by the bonfire;
- Maintained my business (admittedly at a relaxed pace);
- Squeezed in some solo self-care time (the reason all of this happened);
- And kept up with all the regular stuff too – cleaned, cooked, maintained, parented and so on;
- Learned so much about myself, my family and our lives in the process;
- And have experienced more moments of wonder and awe in just two months than I have in years – the daily changing beauty of Lake Superior; the wild animals who are my neighbours; the starry, moonlit and meteorite-filled sky; the sublime change of seasons from summer to fall and toward winter . . .
Could I have done this alone? No, but I could have done at least half and that still would have been impressive.
Am I tired? Yes, very and ready for the next phase (we’re not meant to “produce” all the time).
Am I happy? YES! I wouldn’t have done it any other way.
I don’t share this to boast. I want to exemplify what we as women so often fail to do. We usually skip the pause, the reflection, the celebration. Instead, we rush ahead with our next steps and focus only on our never-ending to-do lists. Let’s stop doing that. Let’s just stop – and breathe.
I don’t share this to brag. Like many of you, I struggle with “visibility” and am overcoming my life-long tendency to keep myself small, play it safe and avoid putting myself out there. But that’s such a waste. Let’s just be ourselves.
Instead, I share it to show you how long 2 months really are and how much can be experienced – when you’re on the right path for you – when you’re motivated by your heart’s truest desires – when you’re living each day in the way that makes you feel fulfilled and free.
This is what I want for you!
As we look to November and December, think of all you want to be, do and have. Think of all that could be.
What would you most like to accomplish or experience this year so that you’re on your way to living your own version of fulfillment, fun and freedom?
Not sure what you want or how to proceed? Book a free Clarity call with me to get clear on where you’re at, your next steps, and how I can support you in making them happen.
2 months. 8 weeks. 60 days.
That’s plenty of time for you to make some magic happen!