How can a Wellness Coach help you reach your goals?
Ready to make a splash with your wellness goals this season – yet struggle to make these changes on your own? Maybe a Wellness Coach is just what you need to help you create and sustain your new wellness practices.
But what is a Wellness Coach and how can they help you?
Thanks to a great analogy I recently heard, I’m excited to share some differences between a therapist and coach, how I can help you reach your goals as your Emotional Wellness Coach and an invitation to work with me.
Let’s dive into what a Wellness Coach can do!
Are you planning to – or have you recently – leaped into uncharted waters toward your wellness goals? A wellness professional can help you get to where you want to go – more easily, quickly and with good company. But who is best suited to guide you?
Wellness Coaching is “the snorkeling” of your wellness pursuits, while Therapy is “the scuba diving”.
No, I’m not recommending taking up swimming for your well-being (although that could be fun). Here’s what I mean . . .
Therapists are like scuba divers.
- They have the equipment and expertise to help you dive to your emotional depths. As licensed mental health professionals, they support clients through past, present and future issues. They are especially suited to help heal past experiences, childhood struggles and traumas. If your wellness obstacles come from deep and complex past issues, a therapist may be best suited to help you.
Wellness Coaches are like snorkelers.
- They have the mask and expertise to help you to see just below the emotional surface of yourself. Both certified and uncertified, they support clients through present and future wellness goals. If your wellness obstacles are short-term and acute, rather than long-term and chronic, a wellness coach may be an excellent choice.
Emotional Wellness Coaches are like snorkelers – with all the gear.
- We have the mask – and also the snorkel and flippers – to help you see and sustain your view below the emotional surface. We also help you dive down more easily to explore the deeper emotional parts of yourself that you wish to, with curiosity and compassion. As a certified Master Empowerment Coach, I support clients through both their practical and emotional wellness obstacles for more aligned and sustainable solutions – a “Wellness Coach 2.0”. If you want to address your inner AND outer welness needs, an emotional wellness coach may offer just the support that you didn’t realize you needed!
All three types of professionals can help you safely swim to your destination, but which one is the best match to help you reach your wellness goals?
Make a Splash with Wellness Coaching
If you’re curious whether a Wellness Coach offers the right support for you, here’s a nice explanation by the National Board of Health and Wellness Coaching.
Health and Wellness Coaches partner with clients seeking to enhance their well-being through self-directed, lasting changes, aligned with their values. In the course of their work, Health and Wellness Coaches display an unconditional positive regard for their clients and a belief in their capacity for change, honouring the fact that each client is an expert on their own life, while ensuring that all interactions are respectful and non-judgmental.https://nbhwc.org/
And if you’d like to learn more about why I’m so passionate about Emotional Wellness Coaching, you can read more of my thoughts about how Emotional Wellness Helps You and Your Business Thrive.
Let’s Adventure Together
If Emotional Wellness Coaching seems like a good way for you to prioritize yourself and meet your wellness needs, here’s an overview of what we could accomplish together:
- explore where you are currently with your wellness goals
- envision your desired well-being to be in the future
- create a plan to help you get from where you are to where you want to be
- uncover any challenges that have kept you stuck and obstacles that may arise
- process and leverage your emotions along the way
- help you be accountable to yourself and follow through with your goals
- celebrate and evaluate your progress along the way
And here are some specifics on what we’ll accomplish together in my VIP package:
- create time and space to follow through with wellness practices
- use your and nature’s energy to balance your focus between business and wellness
- know your needs and narrow in on impactful, enjoyable wellness activities
- feel motivated about what to do for your unique self-care
- care for your whole self, addressing physical, emotional, mental and spiritual needs
- create your business dreams and feel great doing it!
Would you like to talk with me to see if my services are a good fit for you?
If you’re in a season of wanting to prioritize yourself and your wellness needs, in a way that supports your business and life, book a discovery session with me here and together we’ll explore what could be possible for you.
I have 5 spaces available for VIP clients this season, and am currently offering an early bird rate for those who sign up early, so now is a great time to find out more.
Whether you’re swimming along fine toward your wellness goals on your own, needing to take a deep dive with a Therapist, or somewhere in between and in need of a Coach, I encourage you to get the support you need to reach your desired shore.
Thanks for this, Nicole! It really helps me to understand the scope of practice and potential for growth through working with a coach!
Glad to hear it! Thank you.